Work is a dangerous environment for your waist line. It is really easy to over eat and over snack because you aren't moving around that much, your job is typically repetitive work and you sit all day. Sound familiar? I bet at least part of that statement applies to you.
If it does, then these tips will give you some alternative snacks and some ways to keep you from over snacking.
1. First and foremost, always plan ahead and bring your own snacks. With a little pre-planning you can take the guess work out of snacking and pick the most filling choices.
2. Eat a large healthy breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You require the most energy in the morning, so eat more food. You have all day to burn it off! NEVER skip breakfast! You set yourself up for failure automatically.
3. Leave your loose change at home and only carry big bills. This will keep you away from the horribly unhealthy vending
4. Stay consistent with your eating... eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. Trust me, once you start on this, you will never leave. Eating 6 small meals/snacks a day will boost your metabolism, keep your hunger under control and keep your energy levels high.
5. Keep a glass of water next to your desk. Drink it frequently. Hunger signals get mixed up with thirst signals. When you feel hungry, take a few big gulps of your water.
6. Keep hard peppermint candies in your desk- peppermint stimulates energy and soothes digestion. Make sure you suck on it and don't bite it!
7. Chew mint gum. Same principle as above. Keeps your mouth "occupied".
8. Try to stay as active as possible. You definitely don't want to be thinking about food all day!
9. Keep your stress levels under control... when in doubt, take a couple minutes, shut your eyes and breathe!
10. Don't give in to peer pressure. Believe it or not, when you stop eating junk food, everybody and their brother will start tempting you and trying to get you to break down. This is because they are feeling guilty because you have the will power to stop and they don't.
11. Drink healthy teas such as green tea, yerba mate, oolong teas, etc. These contain anti-oxidants and other nutrients designed to help you in your weight loss journey.
What are some great alternative snacks?
2. Celery and Almond Butter (Natural peanut butter, only if you can't find almond butter)
3. Raw veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers, green peppers, carrots, snap peas, and hummus to dip them in.
4. Small handful of raw almonds, walnuts, pistachios
5. Healthy beef jerky or turkey jerky
6. A protein and fiber mixed drink... (1 scoop of whey protein, 1 scoop of fiber powder mixed in water and ice if you have a blender)
7. Any raw fruit or vegetable combined with a small handful of nuts.
8. Healthy, protein bars... be very careful with these because the majority are not healthy at all. Make sure that you know how to read ingredient labels.
Your goal for a snack is to balance your carb, protein and fat ratios so that it keeps your blood sugar hormones at bay. You want to avoid the blood sugar crash. Which sucks the energy right out of your body.
Like I mentioned earlier, the key to stop over-snacking at work is proper planning. Add these tips to your lifestyle and see what happens!
These tips are all part of the Fat Loss Factor Nutrition program.
For more information on this amazing fat loss system click Here.
Have an Amazing Day!!