Why do you not want to snack at night? Mainly because you are going right to bed and everything that you will be eating will be stored as fat. Basically what I'm trying to tell you is whatever you eat at night will go straight to your butt, thighs and belly fat pretty much instantly. I know that is definitely not what you want!
Your body doesn't need energy at night so it's gonna do the next best thing... store it for later!
It's easy to control your diet during the day, but as soon as evening turns into night, you turn into a night munching machine. Looking for that perfect snack that will satisfy your endless craving. This type of snacking will completely ruin a perfect day of dieting if you don't learn to deal with it.
So why do we get the munchies late at night? This isn't an easy question to answer because there are multiple reasons:
So why do we get the munchies late at night?
This isn't an easy question to answer because there are
- You are lonely
- You are trying to satisfy your sweet tooth
- You have a habit of eating while you watch TV
- You are studying/reading
So how in the world do we break this habit?
Here is a list of strategies that will help you to curb your late night eating:
1. This is the easiest tip... Wait 15 minutes. If you start craving ben and jerry's ice cream, wait 15 minutes. It takes about that much time for the temptation to go away. If you still have the craving, move on to step 2
2. Drink a cup or two of water. We will often confuse thirst with hunger.
3. Suck on hard mints. Hard candy is low calorie and peppermint helps to energize the body and sooth digestion.
4. Brush your teeth: This is a great strategy because the last thing that you want to do is to eat after you have brushed your teeth.
5. Drink Herbal Tea: Drink Chamomile tea or peppermint tea before you go to bed. These are soothing and relaxing for the body.
6. Do something to occupy your hands: Paint your nails, play video games, knit, keep your hands busy and you can find off the urge to night munch.
7. Burn sweet smelling candles: Research shows that inhaling their aroma can curb your late night cravings and fool your hunger.
8. Treat yourself to a soothing bath.
9. Remove unhealthy snacks out of your house. I do this one. You eventually get tired of looking and just go without :-)
10. Eat healthy snacks before bed. Some examples are raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red peppers and hummus together as a snack. Make sure that you add a bit of protein or a small amount of fat ( A small handful of raw almonds is a perfect combo of fat and protein) , You can also make a protein and fiber shake.( A scoop of healthy whey protein and a scoop of fiber powder mixed in water and ice if you want. )
11. Eat 6 small meals at regular intervals. Eating small meals throughout the day will help burn more fat and keep your appetite under control by leveling your blood sugar. Your metabolism will also get a boost.
12. Last but not least, Use Emotional Freedom Technique to stop your food cravings. This powerful technique is cheap and easy to learn. You can go here for more information: http://products.mercola.com/eft-try-it-on-everything/?aid=CD423
For best results, starting adding one of these strategies a week and really make it part of your lifestyle. Soon, you will be able to kiss the late night munchies good bye!
These tips are all part of the Fat Loss Factor Nutrition program.
For more information on this amazing fat loss system click Here.
Have an Amazing Day!!